top of page

A Huge Number of Vets to Get Access to Exchanges, Commissaries, MWR Facilities

If you’re a veteran with a VA service-connected disability rating, a former prisoner of war, or a Purple Heart recipient, the exchange, recreation facilities, and commissary on base will be opening their doors to you starting in 2020.

Currently, defense officials are working on how to use VA-issued ID cards to get on base. But it is not official yet. If you’re already enrolled in the VA health system, you should already have the ID card you need to get access to the base, which is called the Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC). If not, you can apply online or call 1-877-222-9387.

Click the link below to read the full story. More information to follow as it becomes available.


Commissary at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. Photo courtesy of Jack Wiers (IMCOM) –

Vets to get access

This article is shared with you by, your premier source for temporary Military Lodging, Military Space-A Travel, Military RV Camping and Military Travel information.


bottom of page